Sunday, November 28, 2010
Ten question about the present (Continued)
6. Which five prople are the most positive and uplifting in our life? Why?
7. Which five people are the most draining, demanding , and difficult for you to deal with?
8. If you died today, who do you thick would attend your funeral?
9. How many times a day do you pray?
What kinds of thoughts come to mind when you take the time for reflecttion or meditation? Fears? Hopes? Blessings?
Ten questions about the future
1. What do you think your life will be like twenty years from now?
2. Try to imagine your thoughts on your deathbed. What will you widh you;d done differently? What will you feel you've done well?
3. What is your most recurring daydream?
4. What are your five greatest fears about the future?
5. What are your five greatest hopes for the future?
6. Do you feel you have to face the future alone, or do you believe God will walk though it with you?
7. Whatt is the one thing you'd like to change in order to make the future better?
8. Which five people's friendship or love would you want to know you'd have for the rest of your life?
9. Have you ever committed your future into the care of God?
10. What are the ten questions you would like to ask Him?
Ten questions about the past
- What are the ten most importatn lessons you've learned in your life?
- Who are ten key people whose friendships have run like a thread through your life? What do they mean to you?
- Can you discern an invisible hand at work hehind the scenes of your life? In what circumstances have you most seen providential guidance or intervention?
- What are the ten worst things that have ever happened to you? What good came out of them?
- Which of your personal traits have served you the best in your life?
- Which traits have caused you the most problems?
- Whatt was the best time of your life? Why?
- What have been your ten most significant accomplishments?
- Have you ever had a prayer answered? What happened?
- If you had it all to do again, what would you do differently?
- What are the three problems or concerns that worry you the most?
- For what ten things are you the most grateful?
- If you could change anything in your life today, what would it be? Why haven't you changed it?
- How would you describe your present physical health conditional?
- What smalll pleasures do you look forward to on a daily basis?
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
- The words of wisdom: "The proverbs of Solomon...For attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight" (Proverbs 1:1-2)
- The purpose of wisdom: "for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair." (Proverbs 1:3)
- the source of wisdom: "Let the wise listen and add to their learning and let the discerning get guidance." (Proverbs 1:5)
Lazarus Long - All men are created equal
Mark Twain - Faith is believing what you know ain't so
BenFranklin - A Lie stands on one leg, the truth stands on two
Anonymous - Don't spit in the wind
Albert Eistein - Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Plato - Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
Ralph Waldo Emerson - Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Eleanor Roosevelt - the only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.
Anna Freud - i was always looking outside myself for strenght and confidence, but it comes from within, It is there all the time.
Sandra Day O' Connor - I don't know that there are any shortcuts to doing a good job
Qualities of a winner:
- Honesty - A winner finds a way to be honest and adds others who are honest
- Loyalty - Loyal people stick aroung through thick and thin
- Positive attitiude - the ingredient that often allows the near impossible to be achieved
- Effectiveness - efficient people save money; effective pwople know how to make it with limited resources
- Problem-Solving Skills - If you find peeople who can solve problems, latch onto them and don't let them go
- Self-Discipline - Self discipline is the ability to delay gratification
- Sense of Humor - A winner is always healthy enough to laugh at himself or herself and can spread that good humor to everyone else
- Perseverance - People who ggive something a little attention and then wimp out and quit before they have a chance to wim
- Team Player - Winners know that in the counsel of many, there is much greater potential to problem solve
- Unwillingness to Make Excuses - A winner would never stoop so low as to come up with a lame excuse when there just might be another way to approach the problem
- Difference-Makers in History
- Leonardo da Vinci - opened the age of the Renaissance
- William Shakespeare - playwright of the ages
- John Bunyan - guidedthe progress of millions of pilgrams
- Benjamin Franklin - provided your bifocals
- Eli Whitney - gave us the cottin gin
- Thomas Edison - brought us the electric light
- Difference-Makers in the Bible
- Abraham - through whom all the families of the earth are blessed
- Moses - deliverer of the Hebrews
- Joshua, the judges, David, Soloman, the prophets and apostles
- Jesus Christ - made difference makers of scores of others
- How about you?
- Having Self-Confidence
- Living with your Means
- Getting Along Well with Ohters
- Having a Posiottive Helpful Attitide
- Being Considerate of Others
- Practicing patience
- Having a hunger for learning
- Being Reliable
- Loving other People
- The three-legged stool
we'll never accomplish the mission.
- If we focus too much on the mission, we'll lose sight of our financial
responsibilities, and we'll forget to enjoy daily pleasures.
- If we fiocus too much on money or never learn to acquire and manage money
we'll find ourselves selling out the mission and living in a world without wonder
- The five dimensions of life
toward any kind of success.
- Mental: Our thought lives are the soil from which our actions sprout, grow,
and bear fruit - for better or for worse.
- Emotional: Witht the right attitide, we can accomplish more than we ever
dreamed. With the wrong attitude, we will ignore more opportunities than
most people ever get.
- Social: When we surround ourselves with trusted friends we benefit ourselves,
and we give of ourselves to those we care about.
- Spiritual: A relationship with God is the number one guarantee that once you
make it into the winner's circle, you will enjoy being there.